TIME TO CHECK YOUR FERTILIZER STORAGE!
Use this checklist to determine how securely your fertilizer is being handled:
- Protect fertilizers from sources of heat
- Protect fertilizers from damp and water
- Protect equipment and ground from corrosion
- Avoid overloading and keep aisles and access clear
- Bulk fertilizer stored in steep heaps should be removed from top to bottom
- Fertilizers should not be exposed to direct sunlight during storage
- Stack big bags and pallets safely in good order
- Take care when transferring from big bag to dispenser
- Adhere to safety guidelines at all times
- Prevent unauthorized access to fertilizer storage facilities
- Ensure that accompanying papers are affixed to storage containers
- Always dispose of empty fertilizer packages in accordance with local regulations
Especially during the wet winter it is important to store fertilizers in a dry and clean place. For all storage boxes whose bottoms are not 100 % watertight, Borealis L.A.T recommends using Absodent or Terraperl - formerly Terramol - (sold by IMERYS Absorbent - formerly Damolin) as bedding. Spreading 1-2 kg of this material per m² helps keep bags dry.
For more detailed information on the topic of Fertilizer Storage download our Storage Folder or you can turn with your questions to our colleagues.